Our feet are a unique creation of nature, despite their small size, they are able to withstand the weight of the entire body. The most common foot problems are orthopedic, which are associated with an incorrect or too heavy load. Skin diseases, especially fungal infections, as well as damage caused by systemic disorders, such as diabetes or rheumatism, are frequent. Very often, foot problems are complex, and to solve them, you may need the help of different specialists.
Podoloogi üks peamisi ülesandeid on jalaprobleemide ja -haiguste põhjuste väljaselgitamine ja profülaktika.
Hariduse tase ja maht on riigiti erinev, aga kõikjal, kus sellel elukutsel on ametlik staatus, on see meditsiini eriala ja sellest tulenevalt on podoloogid kantud meditsiinitöötajate registrisse.
WHAT THE PODOLOGIST DOES
- Preventive foot care
- Painful calluses and corns
- Painful cracks
- Dry skin or excessive sweating
- Nail problems: deformed, thickened, traumatized, ingrowing
- Help in the treatment of plantar warts
- Help in the treatment of fungal infections of the nails and skin
- Analysis of the foot and footwear recommendations for choosing shoes
- Production of individual silicone orthoses
- Production of individual relieving means
- Preventive and curative diabetic foot care
- Foot care for someone with rheumatoid arthritis
- Foot care for someone with psoriasis
- Foot care for someone with oncological disease